Friday, July 2, 2010

Aiden will arrive soon!

This week has been some what of a roller coaster ride. Monday night Dave and I went into the hospital after I had been having contractions all day. Still being a few weeks from my due date, on heparin, and not dilated to the point of no return, the doctor decided to give me a shot to try and stop the labor process. My doctor took me off heparin in case I did go in to full blown labor. Thursday I had an amniocentesis to check the development on the baby's lungs. If they were developed, Dr. Martin was going to induce me that night. Everyone was sure that the lungs would be mature since the little guy was already trying to come on his own. The test showed that the lungs were still immature so we obviously didn't opt to have the baby. I've been really nervous with having been off blood thinners for a few days. We got a call this morning from the perinatologist letting us know that after sending the amniotic fluid off to an overnight lab the lungs are fully mature and we are ready to deliver. Crazy! So tomorrow morning we are headed off to the hospital to have another sweet baby boy! I can't wait to meet the little guy and to see Austin meet him.

3 comments:

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I KNOW YOU WILL DO GREAT! I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU, DAVE, AUTIN, AND AIDEN!!! LOVE Y'ALL!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO BRING YOU DINNER AND HOLD THAT SWEET BABY! :)

Amy said...

oops....i was so excited i spelled austin's name wrong! ha! Sorry, auStin!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you have had little Aiden now and I'm sure he is a blessed addition to your family! Love you guys! Hope to meet Aiden soon.

Little Twin Pirates!

Little Twin Pirates!